Never forget!

All student work and images are posted with permission and blessing!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Weather is in the family

It's time for the weather unit!  How appropriate-since this Southern Belle just experienced her first full blown New England blizzard. 

 In the brick and mortar world, I had always done the weather with a lot of TPR- Total Physical Response.  If you use your body, your brain will remember the words.  So if you shake like a leaf, you will remember the words for "I'm cold."  I you pretend to wave a fan in front of you, you will remember, "It's hot."

 I had my students fill their language basket with lots of weather objects:




I had a lot of fun pantomiming the weather myself.  I even got to open an umbrella in the house in the name of langauge learning!  We dressed up and plotted the weather across the state.  We described different pictures of the weather.  We got off on a hurricane tangent once-but that happens to the best of teachers.


One family makes Spanish a group activity.  I have a parent I love to work with because she is always on the ball with whatever project I assign them. 

She has her children crowd around the camera and show us the weather- even her baby participates:

Hace frío

 
Hace sol.

 
Está lloviendo.
So when you are learning at home, make a group activity out of it and more fun is had by all. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment